We all know how important self care is. Yet I know so many woman who struggle with taking care of themselves. Maybe you’re one of them.
We tend to put our kids, spouses, and other responsibilities first.. forgetting about overselves.
Well….we don’t forget, we notice right? But we still don’t make time for it!
I’m going to share my favorite self care ideas with you. Ideas that include ways for when you don’t have time, money, or childcare.
There are plenty of free things you can do for yourself. WHILE taking care your household too. So no excuses!
This is permission for you to be a little selfish. Because self care isn’t selfish!
You can’t pour from an empty cup. You deserve to take care of you. You are someone other than mom.
Remember to take care of yourself.
Focus on you today.
Self care for moms
- Sit on the patio and journal. (Try this exercise)
- Order pizza and do the dishes tomorrow
- Wash, condition, and blow dry your hair
- Sit on the floor and stretch your legs and arms
- Buy yourself a lemon or lavender candle
- Organize your nightstand
- Shower and put lotion on right after
- Step outside and admire the plants
- Shave your legs (and entire body if you have time)
- Buy yourself a coffee
- Wash your face and moisturize
- Stay up one hour past bedtime and watch a new episode (guilt free)
- Go to bed early (or put the kids to bed early)
- Pick a day to sleep in
- Schedule a date with a friend
- Soak in an epsom salt bath while your new candle is lit
- Say no if you really want to (or don’t want to I should say)
- Put on your most comfy pjs and favorite socks
- Go commando (no panties for a day)
- Step outside and take a selfie during the golden hour
- Write down 3 things you love about yourself
- Make your bed and then lay in it
- Put your phone on do not disturb
- Mark a “free day” on your calendar (and stick to it)
- Put on a movie, make some popcorn, and tell the kids it’s movie time..shhhh.
- Diffuse your favorite essential oils and put on music
- Read positive quotes
- Lay on the ground and close your eyes (I’m not weird just try it) it’s called Grounding.
- Rearrange your living area or bedroom
- Drink a bottle of water
- Buy a new plant
- Add your favorite meal to the grocery list
- Color with the kids
- Hug someone (kids or spouse) for 20 seconds
- Have a good cry if you need it
- Do a brain dump (grab a pen and paper and write down everything in your head)
- Unfollow negative people on your social media accounts
- Put down your phone (the world can wait)
- Burn some incense and pluck your eyebrows
So, which one will you do first? Take care mama 😉