Down in Texas, we consider it summertime until mid October usually. Haha, the heat is no joke down here and you don’t feel many fall vibes with flip flops and shorts on. But now that cooler weather is coming to us next week (low 80s!!), I’m looking forward to scheduling more fall activities with the kids. I’m sure our fall bucket list might have a few things you and your family will want to add to yours!
Fall is my favorite time of the year. Of course because of the cooler weather it brings but also because of what it symbolizes. To me and my family, it’s the beginning of the holiday season. For us that means Halloween and candy, Thanksgiving food, school holidays, Christmas light searching, and preparing for Santa’s visit. We celebrate Fall and the kick off of holidays by creating a fall bucket list and checking off all the things! Check some of the ways we celebrate fall below.
Fall bucket list
- Drink hot chocolate and watch a movie (check out this blog for fall family movie ideas)
- Carve and/or paint a pumpkin or two
- Go to a high school football game
- Make Rice Krispie treat pumpkins
- Make a visit to Santa Land (opens November 1st!)
- Make candy apples
- Bake pumpkin bread and this awesome pumpkin dip
- Attend fall festivals at local churches
- Go to a pumpkin patch
- Make s’mores by the fire pit
- Make homemade apple sauce
- Fall scavenger hunt in nature
- Go to the book store on a chilly day
- Bake goodies and take them to the local fire station
- Toy purge to get ready for the holiday season (donate those toys somewhere local)
- Jump in a pile of leaves (so rake up a pile of leaves together as a family)
Spend time together
Another goal of mine for this fall is to spend more time together as a family. With school and work schedules, it’s easy to rush through the day without really connecting as a family. This also reminds me to remind you to slow down and learn how to live in the present. Make sure you enjoy the fall festivities and don’t rush through to the other holidays or else this season will pass you by!
To bring the family together, I’ll use ideas like decorating with fall items, putting out lots of throw blankets, and preparing the fireplace for colder weather. Going shopping for fall candles and firewood would also be fun!
What are some things you hope to do this fall? Any vacations planned? Follow me on Instagram to look for pictures of us checking off our Fall Bucket List items!